Live on stage: Kick-off Meeting of the student project “Process Visualization at KVT-Fastening GmbH.”
The study program “International Supply Chain Management” recently kicked off an exciting project with the international company KVT-Fastening GmbH. (abbreviation: KVT), where a group of students can apply their theoretical skills in practice. By visualizing the most common business cases, a big „picture“ will be created that shows in a simple and understandable way what individual people do in the company, how their activities are linked and how the overall process works. In this project
– the six most common business cases are defined and presented in a holistic way,
– the individual processes (per department) are defined per business case and visualized in detail in Cawemo,
– a professional process visualization (according to standard BPMN 2.0.) is applied and
– after approval of the process visualization, it is mapped in the group-wide software tool iGrafx and
– printable process maps per business case are provided.
By the end of the project KVT has a clear picture of the six business cases. Some facts about the project team: Project Lead: Christina Bürgmann, Project members: Maximilian Asamer, Jonathan Kurz, Willem Strik, Miralem Suljkanovic, Ingeborg Zitz, Project coach: Monika Schobesberger, Client: David Hofstätter (Head of Purchasing and Logistics)
Key Facts about the company:
KVT is an internationally leading specialist for high-quality fastening technology and provides intelligent logistics solutions (Smart Factory Logistics) with automated demand recognition and seamless order management to secure product availability. KVT is part of the Bossard Group and its global network of 2.500 employees in 80 locations. High-performance solutions from KVT-Fastening are used in the fields of electronics and energy technology, automotive, aerospace, mechanical and plant engineering or medical technology.